Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I hit the jackpot last night!

Last night was the best night ever. The reason why is because I had numerous phone calls from my family. The evening started out with talking to Tucker. We talked about his new job, which sounds very, very complicated, and then, of course, BYU and Utah football. I've already resigned myself to losing the bet this year. Hummm, what will Tucker do to me. He certainly has plenty of pay backs - so I am a bit worried. However, he does love his mother and he is a gentle and kind and forgiving soul. (I hope he reads this **tee hee**)

My next call was from Maren who wanted some recipes that were easy to make and easy to deliver. I gave her a couple that I always use. She said that a friend of hers had lost her mother at about the same age that Maren had and they had talked about how hard it would be when the lost the other parent. Well, Maren just found out that her friend's father had passed away last week so Maren wanted to do something special for her.

No sooner had I hung up the phone when Maddie called to tell me that she loved my cartoon I had posted on my blog of the two dinosaurs who missed Noah's boat. She caught the humor of it and had a good laugh and wanted to share that with me. I was glad that she was checking out the blog.

Then, who should call but Emmi. We chatted for a few minutes and I answered a couple of her questions. She seems to love high school and is doing very well. She especially loves seminary. She asked me if I had Susan's address. She really loves Susan, but then who doesn't. Susan is a friend to all who know her.

Lynda Ann called just to check in on me and make sure I'm alright, which I always appreciate.

So you can see, from the above notations, that it was a night of phone calls from my children and grandchildren. Yes, I certainly hit the jackpot!

No comments:

Post a Comment