Friday, November 27, 2015

Traditions

Thanksgiving morning I woke up to the smell of the turkey baking.  That wonderful smell permeates the house and I love it.  I laid in bed and thought of all the past Thanksgivings when I was growing up.  Mother always hosted Thanksgiving for the family.  There was always a feast of the traditional Thanksgiving meal along with her wonderful home made pies.  I have always loved Thanksgiving more than any other holiday for as long as I can remember.  Mother's birthday was the 27th so often her birthday landed on Thanksgiving.  Today, as I write this, is her birthday and I am missing her.

Back to the present.  Our family all met at Fat Cats at 10:00 for the traditional bowling.  We did things a little different this year.  Instead of having the teens and little ones bowl with their parents we put all the girl teens on one lane and all the young boys on a lane and the adults together on a couple lanes.  It worked out perfect.  Everyone bowled two games including the youngest of the group.

We always run into President Little and his family along with the Pikes from our old neighborhood on Cumberland Road.  It is a fun tradition and one that I hope we continue as the years come and go.
I didn't bring my phone, which is unusual for me, so I had to rely on my children sending their pictures to me.  Here are some of the pictures that came my way.










No comments:

Post a Comment