Sunday, November 1, 2015

The New Church Museum

Neal and I went downtown to see the new church museum and it was an incredible experience.  If any of you have a chance to go through the museum, take advantage of it.  Be sure that you watch the 7 minute video of the First Vision.  Before you go in to the little theater there is a display of the 9 different writings for the First Vision.  Each one written a little different but all the basic facts of Joseph Smith's experience are in every one of them.  I totally understand how each one can be a little different.  So often I have heard something in General Conference and written down immediately what I heard, then when the talk comes out and I compare what I wrote to what was said, I find words left out and added.  Just in that short time of hearing it and then writing down from memory there are always a few changes of sentence and words.  I just have to say that if there were 25 different versions it doesn't made me question my total testimony and knowledge that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ and He did restore it through Joseph Smith.  The film of the first vision makes you feel like you are right there in the sacred grove.  It is amazing.

This is a plaque that I read that I thought was very interesting.  How proud I am to be a member of this the only True and worldwide church.

No comments:

Post a Comment