Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sunday Fall evening

I don't think there is anything that can make Neal's evening much better than a freshly baked batch of cookies.  I usually bake him chocolate chip cookies one night a week when he is teaching a night class.  I like to have him walk in the door at 10:00 p.m. and be greeted by the smell of freshly baked cookies, just warm and out of the oven.  He hasn't had a night class this semester and so I haven't made him any, plus, we have had some warm weather that the thoughts of turning on the oven and adding more heat to an already warm house just didn't sound appealing.  However, this particular Sunday weather had turned cold and very Fall feeling.  Neal was upstairs working on his school papers and so I decided to surprise him.  The cookies turned out delicious and I had a very happy husband!  It never hurts to pamper those you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment