Sunday, November 22, 2015

Helping each other!

Lynda Ann is certainly a product of me and I her Grandmother Ross.  She always has numerous projects that need to be done for Christmas.  I always have my own projects that I want to get done as well.  The problem with me is that most of my projects involve Lynda Ann.  I don't mean to involve her but she is the one who comes up with the "how" to do them, I manage to come up with the "what" I want to do.  This year is no exception.  I drove out to Lynda Ann's with all the materials needed for her to put together what I had in mind.  We spent the day measuring, cutting, gluing, framing and admiring our work.  After we had finished mine and everyone was in bed, we went downstairs to her new basement, turned on the fireplace with the lights out, sat on the couch and reminisced about time and events in our past.  We talked about children, the challenges that they have to face these days that she didn't have to worry about and subjects about church and what we believe.  We even discussed family problems and how sad that there even has to be problems.  We stayed up well past midnight just enjoying the ambiance the fire created and being with each other.  This really was my favorite part of the whole time I spent out there. I slept in Emmi's BYU bedroom and the next morning we were back on projects again, this time Annie's.  We were able to accomplish everything she had ready to do.  Mallory, Abby and Hayley had their Women In Excellence that evening so I stayed for that.  Mallory played the flute and gave a talk.  Both were excellent.

I took some fun pictures but am not allowed to post them for fear someone will get on my blog and then there would be no surprises for Christmas.  I just hope I remember to take some pictures on Christmas!

Thanks, Annie, for all your time and labor and many good laughs and talks we had together.  I so love and appreciate your expertise when it comes to crafts and your willingness to help me along :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment