Saturday, November 28, 2015

Decorating for Christmas

The tree goes up Thanksgiving night and the next day is pretty much devoted to getting it decorated.  This year went quickly and smoothly.  Neal jumped in and helped along with Peyton.  It was fun to watch her as she determined where each ornament should go on the tree.  We had the whole tree done in a little over an hour and it is gorgeous.  Decorating the tree is certainly one project that I'm glad is over and done with.  Of course there is always one or two or more accidents of dropping a Christmas ornament.  This year the first person to break one was Pa.  Peyton, with her hand on her hip, pointed to the mess Pa had made.  It was all in remembrance of a few years back when Peyton accidentally dropped a glass bulb and it shattered on the floor.  You all know the rest of the story.




One of the harder things that I sometimes choose not to bother with is the nativity.  I have a beautiful one that Lila Mae made for me when Jeff and Annie were little.  It is the arranging and figuring out where and how the scene should be set up.  So, this year, I put Jordyn Lyn and Lexi in charge.  They did a beautiful job!  Thanks girls.
 I had Peyton set up the wood nativity.  That one is fun to set up as well because there are so many ways you can arrange it.
 The finished Nativity.  I'm happy to have it set up.  Isn't this what Christmas is all about anyway?  It is a beautiful reminder to me every time I look at it.
All I have left to do is the garland on the banister and I should be done.  Feels good to have most of the decorating already completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment