Monday, May 29, 2023

Sunday Blessing

 Mallory was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting this past Sunday.  I was excited to go and support her and to hear her talk.  She spoke on the Atonement and it was beautiful.  I hope she keeps a copy of her talk.  She shared some personal experiences and ended with a beautiful testimony of the gospel, Jesus Christs and how precious the atonement is to her.  My testimony and understanding of the atonement was strengthened and I'm sure many in the audience were also touched by her words.  

After her talk, we left and went to the Black Bear (I think that is the name :-) for a delicious breakfast and fun visit about her classes and her new job in the Linguistics Department.  While we were eating she got a text from the bishopric asking if she could come to the office and be set apart for her new calling as a Family History Leader.  They didn't know we had skipped out and were having breakfast!  She sent them a text telling them she could be there in about 15 minutes.  We hustled back to the church building.  I had a double blessing of being able to hear her talk and then be in the room as she was set apart for her new calling.  In her blessing, she was blessed that she would be able to balance her school studies, her job and her church calling.  I thought about that later and realized that it is a lot to ask of these young people who are working full time, going to school full time and have a calling on top of that.  I was so glad to have been with here that day and experience the gospel in action with my granddaughter.  I am certainly a blessed grandmother or "pocket sized grandmother" that I have been so lovingly named. 

I will add here that I also had a call from Emmi who is getting ready to head out to her new assignment in Hawaii.  She has excelled in her classes in Texas.  Top of the class!  She will leave for Hawaii June 7th and will have a couple weeks to get settled and will then have leave during the month of July to come back to the main land for a concert she and her sisters are going to and then to be in California for Abby's wedding.  


No comments:

Post a Comment