Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Special Visit with Maren

 Maren came by to drop off my Mother's Day card and gift and stayed for a couple hours and visited.  It was so nice to have her come and to spend some time with her.  She gave me a gift certificate for Talbots.  She wondered if I still shopped there and I jokingly told her that I think I have some ownership in the place!  




As she was getting ready to leave, she shared with me that she has felt Jeff around her the last little while.  She said she was driving in her car and all of a sudden he came to her mind and she said she sent her love to him and told him that she wished she had spent more time with him when he was here.  It was very touching.  I teared up and thanked her for sharing that with me.  Jeff would have celebrated his 55th birthday on May 20th.  I like to think that Jeff is always near and available.  We just have to recognize those feelings.  

I think Mother's Day might be a little hard for Maren.  I'm sure she really misses her mom.  But, I appreciate that she always remembers me and does something special to let me know that she loves and appreciates what I've tried to do for her and her siblings.  Thanks, Maren, for the visit and gift.  Love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment