Sunday, May 7, 2023

Exciting Times

 Abigail Jeannine Gertson is engaged!  It was a well kept secret between her parents and sisters and brother until just a few days ago when she gave permission to for the happy news to be spread.  Abby has always been a very private person and even with her engagement, the news was kept quiet.  She and Antonio has chosen July 21st for their wedding date.  They will be married in California in a very, very small ceremony.  Only her parents, siblings and grandparents will be invited to be there.  

Abby came flew in Friday night and we spent the day Saturday shopping for wedding dresses.  I was lucky enough to be invited to join in the excursion with Lynda Ann, Mallory, and Andrew.  We went to three different bridal places.  One in Salt Lake and two in Provo.  What a fun day.  I took tons of pictures but will only select a few to post.  It was fun to see her come out of the dressing room with a different dress, do a twirl and then wait for comments for the 'peanut gallery'.  













She will be a beautiful bride no matter what dress she chooses or what style she goes with.  I'm so happy for her and Antonio and excited for the coming event.  


What a cute couple.  

After we had visited the three wedding places, we stopped at Joe Vera's in Provo for a delicious Mexican lunch and then headed back to Salt Lake.  I went home while the group went to a jewelry store looking for rings.  Jeff and Hayley joined them for a movie that evening.  


In the kitchen at the end of the day.  Abby flew home this morning.  It was a quick trip but sure fun for all of us to get to see her and spend one fun filled day with her.
I  stayed home and tended Brinkley while the group went to the movie.  I was just too tired and still dealing with the effects from the antibiotics that I'm taking.  I can't believe I just said that I was too tired!  Goodness.  Well truth be known I was and I guess I have to admit that I am getting a little - just s little - bit older.  :-)
Abby's colors are sunset colors and Mallory was put in charge of getting dresses for the sisters.  They had just come in the mail and the had Andrew be a tree so they could drape the dresses together to see how the colors matched.  The yellow is Hayley's, blue is Emmi's and the pink is Mallory's.  You're a good sport, Andrew Man!



No comments:

Post a Comment