Monday, May 29, 2023

My backyard zoo!

 It is getting harder and harder to get a glimpse of the squirrels now that the trees are in full leaf.  Once in a while we can spot them scurrying from limb to limb or flicking their tails.  We know they are happy and well because we have to keep refilling the peanut feeder twice a week.  The squirrels also get in the two bird feeders and help themselves to the different grains that are in there.  Probably healthier for them than the peanuts.  We also have morning doves who camp out in the feeders plus a variety of birds who also get their fill.  Along with them we have a couple ducks who love to wander around our yard and get in the swimming pool, and a family of Quail who are nesting on the North side of the house.  They are harder to get a picture of.  When I was taking a picture of Chip and Dale they were making a funny deep throated noise to warn me that I was getting too close.  I love our little friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment