Monday, May 15, 2023

Mother's Day

 This year was a rather quiet one.  Maren and Greg were hosting his parents for dinner, Lyndsy was out in the Wilderness Program and Mindy was out of town.  Neal and I bought steaks and we invited Lynda Ann and her family for dinner.  Jeff had gone to Texas to see Emmi sworn in for another 4 years with the Navy so that left Annie, Mallory, Andrew and Hayley.  It was kind of nice to have a very small group for dinner.  Preparation and clean up so quick and easy.  After dinner we played Telestrations until the group had to leave to go pick up Jeff at the airport.  

I got a call from Tucker that afternoon and we visited for a while.  He caught me up on his job and his photography studio and happenings in his life.  So nice to visit with him.  Maren sent me a nice text and Greg sent me a "side hug".  Joke between the two of us :-)

Jamie bought me some beautiful candles and a floral arrangement.  Annie bought me a badly needed new pair of pink slippers.  Neal bought me a bouquet of flowers and some clothes.  



The candles from Jamie.  

The beautiful flowers from Jamie

Flowers from Neal

And my new pink slippers from Annie!!!

I have to add here a tribute that Mallory wrote for me.  I don't deserve all she said but I love what she said and hope that I will always be the grandmother that she wants and needs.  Thank you Mallory for your kind words and for always loving me as I am.

"Additionally, I can't imagine my life without my grandma.  We've always been close, but after living at her house for a year when I got home from my mission, I feel like she's my best friend.  We don't even have to be doing something exciting but just having her there makes it exciting.  She's one of the best people to talk to, you know she really cares about you.  My mom was adopted, so my grandma has always talked about getting her "spiritual genes" and I feel so blessed if you can see any of her in me.  She always sounds so excited when I call, it makes me want to call her all the time!  She's Brinkley's favorite person too.  He starts crying when we get to her house, he's so excited to see her.  She has always supported me and cheered me on.  I sure love my pocket sized grandma!"

She wrote a beautiful tribute to her mom as well.  I hope Annie makes a copy of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment