Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Thinking about my sister, Annette

This is a message that I received from Allan.  It was sweet, but very sad.  I never felt that Annette and I were that close, or that she really cared that much about me.  I don't know that I ever told her I loved her, nor do I remember that she ever said those words to me.  It meant the world to me to have Allan tell me how she felt about me.  Not that I was her 'number one', but that she really did love me.  Those three little words, "I love you" can mean so much but so often are not expressed until it is too late.  Never, never let an opportunity to by to tell a family member that you love them.  Time slips by so quickly and life is so fragile. 

 "I've been thinking so much about Annette the last while-Memorial Day, her birthday and then I'm going through all the three ring binders, letters, diary, papers and photos and scanning and organizing. It brought back so many feelings and memories.  I have hundreds of letters from her mission. I don't think we would have married if she hadn't gone. We dated for so long but when it would start to get serious, she would date someone else. It's strange because I had never gone with a girl I wanted to marry until I met her. I told her I was to old to play games with her.  She was furious about it.  I went to Washington, DC with a brother.  I had worked for Senator Moss and was going to have him help me find a job. But, I couldn't atand being away from Annette and eventually came back to my old job.  Annette had accepted her mission call to Brazil. That October , she accepted my proposal(by mail). I hang on to those letters as they are a small part of her. She poured out he heart and soul to me for two years.  One letter was 30 pages long. The mission helped her focus on what was really important in life and what she wanted. She was so bright and talented that I always worried she would be disapointed in our marriage.  Our marriage was great until she got ill.

She mentioned several times in letters that out of all her friends and family, you were number one.  She had a great love for you. Thanks for listening.  Thanks for you love and support over the years.  Allan" 

No comments:

Post a Comment