Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sewing progress as of July 1st

Slowly, but surely I’m making progress on this thing.  As you can see the whole middle and one whole side is completed.  The last part is a huge tree limb.  It will be beautiful when it is done but I shall never do another one!  It totally is a gift of love!

IMG_3855

As I post this, it is July4th, independence day for America.  I’ve been diligently reading the Book of Mormon every morning and realize more and more how blessed we are to live in this great land.  I am so grateful to be here in this country to enjoy the freedoms that I often take for granted.  We are a blessed nation and what ever I did in the pre-existence that ensured by birth here in these United States, I shall be eternally grateful.  Annie and I have often said that neither one of us can stand and sing the National Anthem without crying.  To see Old Glory waving in the breeze always makes my heart swell with love and pride that I am an American.

I loved the 4th of July celebration that always took place in Provo.  I think that is one of the reasons that I loved growing up there.  Every year mother and I would walk up to Center Street to watch the freedom parade.  Then when I got in junior high and high school I found myself in the parade almost every year.  I was either on a float waving happily to the crowds of people waving at me or I was in the Provo High marching band playing my clarinet.  I hope all my children take a moment today and every year on the fourth to think about this land and what it means to them and their happiness.  I LOVE AMERICA!  “Long may this land be bright with freedoms Holy Light”.

Lynda Ann made these cute 4th of July cups filled with caramel popcorn for me to give the girls at the office and to the sisters I visit teach to.  She also made a bunch to take to Lila Mae’s.  Thanks, Lynda Ann!  I’m grateful that I get to be a recipient of your craft talents!!!

IMG_3856IMG_3857

No comments:

Post a Comment