Sunday, July 8, 2012

Boston won–the screen door lost.

Friday evening as we were all sitting in the front room talking, Boston and Brock were running back and forth across the room.  Neal had one leg up on the arm of a chair and the two little boys were running and sliding under Neal’s leg.  What we didn’t know, is that Boston would run and body slam into the screen door.  When we finally realized what he was doing, the damage was done.  He had bent the frame on the side and the bottom.  The amazing thing is that the screen didn’t come out.  Saturday, while Jamie and I were shopping, Home Depot was one of our stops to buy a new screen and frame for our front door.  I figured it would be anywhere from $50.00 to $100.00.  Much to my surprise, and I have to say I still don’t know why it happened, I got a new screen door for free!  I told the clerk what I needed and he pulled one down from storage.  I told him it had a little hole at the top and would he be willing to give me just a little discount.  He said, “Well, if you want to pay for it you can, but I was going to give it to you for free.”  I said, “Really, for free?  What if they stop me at the front doors or if the alarm goes off while I’m walking out?”  He told me not to worry about it and sent me on my way.  I was still a little worried as I went through the exit doors.  I half expected to hear the loud buzzing that someone was stealing something.  Nothing happened.  Greg came that afternoon and took out the old and replaced it with the new.  Thanks to Greg for being our ‘handy man’.

IMG_3886

No comments:

Post a Comment