Sunday, July 29, 2012

Another birthday–68 years young!

Of course I post this a week early because my birthday celebration always seems to begin with shopping and lunch with Lila Mae and Susan.  Usually we have Lynda Ann and Mary join us but Mary was unable to come and Lynda Ann was in Wyoming visiting her dad.  We did have a new guest join us.  Mr. River.  This is a picture of him writing out his Christmas list!  Not sure what brought that on, but when he woke up that was the first thing he wanted to do.

IMG_4106

Lyndsy was running a race in Orem and asked if River could spend the night.  She wouldn’t get back in time to get River so I took him with me to shop and have lunch.  He was really good.  All the way down to Provo, he counted to 1000 by 10’s.  He said he could count to 10,000 by ten’s but (much to my relief) wasn’t going to do it because “It would take all day and all night!” 

Lila Mae, Susan and I always have a fun time.  We met at ShopKo and then off to the Sizzler for lunch.  After lunch we went to Quilted Bear and from there to Honks!  Never in my life did I think I would go into a store called Honks!!  It was one of those dollar stores that I don’t like.  Susan wanted to buy some cards so River and I went in with her and I let River pick out a couple of dollar toys.  He was delighted.  Susan found her cards, River picked out his toys and I couldn’t get out of there fast enough!  Seriously, who ever heard of a store named Honk’s!

IMG_4108

I opened my gifts from Susan (Lila Mae forgot to bring hers) and then River and I headed home.  It was a fun day as always.  Susan gave me Giorgio (which I LOVE), two Disney Movies (which I’m trying to get a collection of on DVD because everything I had was on VHS) and knitted dish rags, or nicely said, dish cloths.  Mother always called them dish rags and wash cloths were wash rags.  I suppose during the depression that one literally used rags to wash dishes with and your body with. That terminology has stuck with me and it is awkward for me to say cloths instead of rags. 

IMG_4110IMG_4111IMG_4109

No comments:

Post a Comment