Sunday, July 1, 2012

A fun weekend

I picked up River at the baby sitters and after dinner he talked his grandpa into taking him swimming.  He brought his suit and was all ready to eat, change and jump in.  He is quite the little swimmer. 

IMG_3844

Saturday morning Neal and I went golfing.  He wanted to do 18 holes and I was only interested in 9 so I came home and did a couple loads of laundry and some ironing.  I got a call from Emmi telling me that she was at the University of Utah campus and had two games, one at 11:00 and the other at 3 p.m.  So I picked up Neal and we got to the first game for the last 10 minutes.  We took Emmi to lunch.  It was fun to see her play and to spend a little time with her and her friends.

IMG_3845IMG_3846

Maren left her Tiva’s at my house and I wore them one day and found out they were so comfortable that I wanted a pair for myself – cute aren’t they!

IMG_3847

We have not had an oven that works since April 1 and we are still trying to get it fixed.  So Lyndsy, invited us over for dinner.  It was delicious.  We had grilled chicken, corn on the cob and broccoli.  Lyndsy also made some gluten free cookies that she forgot were in the oven and the were just on the edge of over done – maybe slightly burned.  However, they really didn’t taste that bad and Neal ended up bringing them home.  After dinner we played MaJong and I WON!  It was a very delicious dinner and a fun time playing games.

IMG_3848IMG_3850

The biggest surprise of the evening came when Lyndsy presented me with this beautiful scrapbook that she has spent hours putting together.  It tells the story of our courtship, marriage and honeymoon with a few pictures after the honeymoon.  I can’t believe what a beautiful job she did and I can’t wait to show it off.  Thank you Lyndsy, from the center of my heart.  I shall treasure this forever. 

IMG_3852IMG_3853

This was one of my favorite pictures.  I’ve never seen this picture before.  What a funny picture.  Lyndsy captured each person with the perfect comment.  You can’t see all so I’ll list them:

Me:  What have I got myself into …..”

Neal:  Oblivious

Tucker:  Look at me I’m so cool.

Spencer:  Whatever

Maren:  I’m crazy!

Derek:  I’m funny

Lyndsy:  Are we about done, Ehh!

Lynda Ann taking the picture:  Thinking, Oh brother!

IMG_3854

No comments:

Post a Comment