Monday, July 23, 2012

22 Years and still in love.

Neal and I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary by going to Market Street Grill and sitting at the bar and ordering a salad and soup.  We have repeated that scenario every year since we’ve been married.  The night before we got married, Neal called me and said he wanted to go grab a bite to eat so he picked me up and we went to Market Street Grill downtown.  It was crowded and the only places available were at the bar.  We ate and talked for hours.  That was a moment in time when all our focus was on each other.  No thoughts about the future and what awaited us, just centered on the moment of being in love and anxious to begin a new adventure.  I’m grateful for those 22 years we’ve spent together.  There have certainly been lots of ups and downs, trials to work through and expectations to fulfill.  All in all, it has been a great adventure. 

I could write a long list of the ‘good’ things about Neal but I think the thing I love the most is his unconditional love for me and that he allows me to be me.  It is nice to be able to discover who you really are and then be that person without the fear of criticism. 

I love that we enjoy the same things and yet we have our own interests that we can develop as well.  I’m thankful that we enjoy being together. 

Thanks, Neal, for a great journey!  May we have many more years together!  I love you, Jeannine

IMG_4086

No comments:

Post a Comment