Friday, July 13, 2012

Gam and Pa move into the world of iPhones

Monday evening Tucker, Neal and I drove to Fashion Place Mall with the intent to look at possibly upgrading to knew phones.  With Neal in the Bishopric and my calling in the stake, having access to church records and calendars is very important.  After spending an hour in the store we came home with two new iPhone 4 S.  Big step for us.  When we got home, Tucker spent the rest of the evening tutoring us on how the use these fancy new objects.  Our children chuckle and sometimes right out laugh at how illiterate Neal and I are when it comes to electronics.  What they have to remember is that we didn’t grow up with these gadgets.  Home computeres and lap tops were unheard of.  We relied fully on the library.  Phones were still rotary and you had party lines!  But, with all that in mind, we are learning and slowly moving into this new era of high tech.  I’ve watched River, Andrew, Brock and even Boston able to move around in the iPhones with ease.  It seems that every step I take is a baby step and with much caution.  I’m always afraid I’m going to erase something or somehow mess up a program.  Given time, the grandparents will get the hang of things and at least be able to call in and out, get and send messages, use the Voxer with ease and motor through all the other settings on our phones.  Hats off to Tucker for his patience and good instructions!  You’re the best!.  Oh, Neal got a black one with a red case and I got a white one with a pink case.  They didn’t have BYU blue.  Next step is to find a Utah cover for Neal and a BYU cover for me.  I’m sure they have them some where.

IMG_3915IMG_3916

No comments:

Post a Comment