Sunday, May 23, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

 This evening I'm going to use Hayley as part of my Sunday thoughts.  It was a busy day for her and her family.  The Bishop asked her to speak in church.  Their meeting was at 1:30.  Neal had a commitment with the youth and youth leaders to help plan the youth conference at Snow College.  He felt he needed to be at the meeting so he decided not to go to Stansbury.  His meeting was the same time as Gertson's sacrament meeting and because we can't have Neal driving any long distances he couldn't come out to the seminary graduation, which was at 6:00 p.m.  I could have driven back in and picked him up and back to Stansbury but it just didn't seem like a practical option.  

Hayley spoke in Sacrament Meeting and did an amazing job.  I will give some of her talk later in the post.  I did sneak a couple of pictures.  I know I'm not supposed to take pictures in the chapel but I was sitting in the cultural hall area so does that make it okay?  :-)

And a quick picture out in the hall after sacrament meeting.
We went back to the house and Annie fixed a delicious fried chicken dinner with veggies and a cheese sauce to go over the cauliflower.  By the time dinner was fixed and everyone had eaten it was time to get back to the church for the seminary graduation services.  Before Hayley left Annie gave her a book that she wanted and I gave her a Willow figurine.  The book is the hard bound of The Saints and the figurine is a girl reading a book. 
The seminary graduation service was nice.  Four speakers and a musical number and then presentation of the graduates.  I loved being there and am very proud of Hayley's commitment to attend seminary for the past four years.

Hayley receiving her certificate.



Cute picture of fam

The whole family missing Emmi who is in Virginia in the Navy and Abby who is on her mission in California.
T

And, of course, one with Gam and the graduate.  So proud of you Miss Hayley Anne Gertson!  Love you tons.

Some Sunday thoughts from Hayley's talk:

She talked on "How we can each be a light to the world."  She quoted Matthew 5:16 and 3 Nephi 12:16 to. . . . ' let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven'  She also talked about serving others and how every little bit counts.  She quoted Alma 37:6 '. . . by small and simple things are great things brought to pass'.  She said that "sometimes in trying to decide how to help, we underestimate the simple things.  Take a minute to listen, share a positive thought or a kind word.  When we look too hard for the big things, we lose sight of the little things."  She concludes her talk by saying "What I do know is that I've never regretted those moments of kindness to others."

She ended her talk by bearing her testimony that "Christ shares His light with each of us and asks us to do the same.  I know in my heart and soul that our light extends farther than we can comprehend.  It is our responsibility as spirit brothers and sisters to bring each other closer to Christ's light every day."

I really can't add any more to what Hayley so beautifully said except to add my testimony to hers that what she said is true.  I hope that I will be a light to those I come in contact with and that I will always share that divine light with others.

Love you Hayley Anne.  Love your example and testimony to so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment