Sunday, May 2, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

 Today I taught my lesson from Section 45 of the Doctrine and Covenants.  It is about the 2nd coming or our Savior and the things we need to watch for and be aware of.  We learn that Jesus Christ is our advocate.  He will stand beside us to plead our case.  He wants us to win on judgment day.  The other great statement that stood out to me was in verse 35 where he says, "Be not troubled, for when all these things shall come to pass, ye may know that the promises which have been made unto you shall be fulfilled."

One of the major messages we learn from this revelation is the importance of perspective during times of trials, disappointments and hardships.  This is one of the great blessing of having the gospel in our lives with the accompanying gift of the Holy Ghost.  

We should respect and study the scriptures and live the gospel and be familiar with the signs of the times.  As we see them being fulfilled we should be looking forward to His coming.

As we closed our Sacrament Meeting this morning, the song we sang brought a whole new meaning to me after studying this section.

"Come Ye Children of the Lord

Let us sing with one accord

Let us raise a joyful string

To our Lord who soon will reign."

And so I think about my life.  It keep marching on with some stress and worry and each day I find the strength to let my faith flourish so I can as President Nelson says,  ". . . . help turn challenges into unparalleled growth and opportunity."

These are words from Elder Holland's talk:  "No matter what challenge you are currently facing, remember:  "I did not come this far only to come this far.  Keep going.  Keep trying.  Keep trusting.  Keep believing.  Keep growing.  As I have said before, Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever."

I believe Elder Holland!





No comments:

Post a Comment