Sunday, May 16, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

One of my favorite scriptures is in Isaiah 52.  "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peach; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

That scripture has also been put to music.  Annette used to sing this song and I would play for her.  If you've never heard it, find it and play it.  It will touch your heart as it has and does mine every time I hear it.

I've always loved the significance of mountains in the scriptures.  It really resonates with me.  Probably because I grew up under the shadows of the Wasatch mountains in Provo.  I always found peace when I would look up at those gorgeous mountains.  They represented strength and protection along with changing seasons of beauty.  They made me feel close to my Father in Heaven.  I remember standing out on the back porch as a little girl and looking up at the mountains as if they were temples and singing Joseph Smith's First Prayer.

I 'll always remember the time that Tucker helped me fill one of my goals to climb to the top of Mt. Olympus.  It was a hard climb up, but I made it.  Sitting at the top of that mountain looking at the panoramic view of the Wasatch Front was beyond amazing.

As I look back at my life so far, I recognize that we climb mountains every single day and without fail we find that we can do hard things.

In President Nelson's recent conference talk, he referenced mountains and the faith needed to see the hand of the Lord in our lives.  "Through your faith, Jesus Christ will increase your ability to move the mountains in your life, even though your personal challenges may loom as large as Mount Everest.  Your mountains may be loneliness, doubt, illness, or other personal problems.  Your mountains will vary, and yet the answer to each of your challenges is to increase your faith.  That takes work.  "

We all climb mountains every day but we're doing it and with the Lord by our side, that's all that matters.

President Nelson continues:  "To do anything requires effort.  Your growing faith in Him will move mountains - not the mountains of rock that beautify the earth but the mountains of misery in your lives.  Your flourishing faith will help you turn challenges into unparalleled growth and opportunity."

I love the gospel and I love that I know that my Father In Heaven is by my side with every mountain that my life's journey may take me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment