Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Mother's Day - Sunday Thoughts

 Mother's Day has, for the past years, not been my favorite day of the year.  This year, I read these beautiful words by Sister Sharon Eubank and it made me reflect and feel better.

"On Mother's Day, I would say:  Don't let sadness obscure the view.  Your covenants have already paved your path.  Keep going.  You are doing better than you know.  What might the Lord say to us?  I think He would throw His arms around us and let us know we are worthy enough to keep going and our sacrifices have been acceptable before Him.  He would tell us He is reserving for us all that is in our hearts, unspoken things that only He could know.  He would say that He sees us and all we do behind the scenes, that we are not invisible to Him."

I am so grateful for the women in my life past and present who have sacrificed for their families, who have done hard things, and who have stayed faithful to the Lord.  I have so many mothers and women I look up to.  I really do come from amazing, resilient and courageous women and find those same qualities in my own daughters and daughters-in-law.  

No comments:

Post a Comment