Monday, August 31, 2015

Finding more fun stuff while cleaning Neal's office

I came across a journal with a few short notes in it.  Nothing lengthy, just very short notes on each day.  They start on June 18 of 2000.  I think the idea was to write down something you are thankful for each day.

June 18:  Two sons, Derek and Spencer who all to wish their dad a Happy Father's Day.
A sister I can pour my heart out to.  A safe trip home from Oregon.

June 19:  A lunch hour to sit in the park and read a good book.  A quiet Monday evening at home.  Good health that allows me freedom to come and go.

June 20:  A quiet house.  Beating Neal at Cribbage.  Old Carey Grant movies.  Counted cross stitch.  Emmi Julia Gertson.

June 21:  Spending a moment each morning reading the scriptures.  Morning prayer with Neal.  The feeling of safety - Heavenly Father watching over me and mine.

June 22:  Coming home early from work - very nice.  Playing cribbage with Neal.  Time alone - undisturbed with Neal.

June 23:  Temple - quiet, soft, non hurried, beauty, solace.  The majestic multi colored green mountains.  Friends

June 24:  Missionary Farewells.  Family gatherings to play games.  Abundance of food.  Summer with its warmth and beauty.

June 25:  A job with the Olympics.  Mount Olympus.  A picture of Joseph Smith holding his little girl which reminded me of Jeff H. holding Maddie.

June 26:  Little Ryan has no medical problems with reflex.  Peach of mind.  A happy personality - good feelings about each day.

June 27:  Good friends.  Mahjong with Camilla and Bobby.  Talking with emmi girl, Mis Mallory Sue and Maddie Maddie Mo on the phone.

June 28:  Getting lost in a good book.  The warmth of the sun.  Summer days.  Reading on a bench in the shade.

June 29:  Remembering Saturday talks with mother.  A happy childhood.  Growing up with Lila Mae close by.

June 30:  I miss kitchen table talks with my other.  I miss playing cribbage with her.  I miss calling her on the phone each day.

July 1:  Lila Mae was and is a great influence in my life.  the good that I am today is because of Lila Mae and Max.

July 2:  A grandchild's hand in my hand.  The greeting "Gam" as I come through the door.  Precious moments with all my grandchildren.

July 3:  Emmi girl reminding me that I am her best friend.  An extra day off work.  Lynda Ann's continual help and support.

July 4:  Freedoms, worship, beliefs, moving about the country, to think and speak freely.  I love the American flag.  I am thankful for our fore fathers.  I love America.

July 5:  Neal gave me a beautiful Mother's ring for our 10 year anniversary on July 17th of 2000.

July 6:  I am thankful for pay checks that allow me to pay my tithing and my bills.

July 7:  Our view of Mt. Olympus is beautiful!  Quietly sitting on the patio watching Emmi and Mallory swim and play.

July 8:  It was fun golfing with Tucker and Neal.  I like beating Neal at putting.

July 9:  Thankful for primary children.  Grateful for music and leading in primary.  I like setting a large table for dinner.

July 10:  E-mail is nice.  Keeps me in touch with many.  I have become closer to Sandy (cousin) and Aunt Edith thru e-mail.

July 11:  Glad to spend a lunch hour with Jeff and Mindy.  Thankful that my life has order to it.  Thankful for an abundant crop.

July 12:  Lynda Ann's creative talents are so useful.  she is a helpful, loving and very caring daughter.  I love her deeply.

July 13:  We are able to help Annie and the two little girls until Jeff graduates in December.  I am grateful for eye sight and good books to enjoy.

July 14:  Life without children and grandchildren?  A sad existence.

July 15:  Driving around in a nice new SLOC car.  My friends at work and Judy Stanfield for getting me this job at the Olympics.

July 16:  Love doing counted cross stitch birth announcements.  With each stitch it is an expression of my love to my grandchildren:  Emmi, Mallory, Maddie and Jaden.

July 17:  My love for C. J. and Justin.

July 18:  I love doing counted cross stitch, watching a good movie, working a cryptogram and reading a good book.

Skipped a few days here . . . .

July 22:  Tending Emmi girl, Mallory Sue and Jaden.  What a blessing they are in my life.  All so different in personality and looks.

July 25:  Neighborhood children riding their bikes up and down the sidewalks, dogs barking, adults visiting and waving.  I love summer.

July 26:  I love organization in my life.  Happy we are selling our house on Lynwood.

July 27:  Cold freshly cut watermelon is wonderful on a hot summer evening.  No clutter.

July 28:  I like my life organized.  I like my home organized.  When I was a teenager my room was always in order and immaculate.

July 29:  Annie unending help with mother.  She is a good caregiver to her grandmother.

August 1:  Annie is pregnant with her third.  Grateful for grandchildren.

August 3:  56 healthy years.  Mother will be 94 this year.

August 8:  Love hugs from my Jeffrey!

A quote: Let us be grateful to people who make us happy - they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

Remember not to be happy is not to be grateful.  :-)

That was where the journal ended.


No comments:

Post a Comment