Saturday, August 1, 2015

A birthday surprise for Annie from Neal

Neal has wanted to do a planter for Annie's front porch and finally got around to buying he big pot and the flowers, soil, fertilizer, etc.  He has asked me a couple times what flowers I thought she would like and I've tried to reassure him that she will be happy with dandy-lions knowing that he cared enough to take the time and money to make a colorful planter for her porch.  This was totally his idea.  I had nothing to do with it.  He went by himself to pick out the flowers and then planted them with a pattern in mind.  Believe me, he is very, very particular about his patio and porch planters.  Here is the finished product.








 While I was standing there in my white pants and not helping I noticed this huge bumble bee land on a flower right next to my face so I carefully turned and snapped a picture of this beautiful insect.

Of course, when they are right in your face they are much bigger!!  It was a pretty good size bumble bee though.
Oh yes, happy birthday early Annie from Neal.  He will be giving you this birthday gift tomorrow when we come out for my birthday dinner. Good thing you don't read my post all the time or it wouldn't be a surprise.  I figure there is no way you are going to get on the blog tonight.  Knowing you, you are working like mad on your basement until you drop in bed of exhaustion!

No comments:

Post a Comment