Saturday, August 1, 2015

August 1st and a celeration

I met Lila Mae and Susan in Orem where we shopped and then at 11:45 went to P F Changs for my birthday lunch.  It was delicious.  Lila Mae and I split a plate of Almond chicken and Susan had Sweet and Sour Chicken.  For dessert Susan ordered the Great Wall of China Dessert.  It is about a 6 layer chocolate decadent cake with raspberry sauce and berries on the side.  We all had a slice and we just couldn't finish it so I brought the rest home for Neal for his dinner tonight.  The three of us had a wonderful time talking and laughing and just enjoying each other.  I'm so thankful for a sister that I love dearly and a niece that I feel so close to.  Susan and I have developed a wonderful relationship over the years.  I would love to have Susan speak at my funeral.  (Annie, take note of that).
 This incredible dish was the appetizer that Susan ordered.  These are lettuce wraps and they were absolutely delicious!  A meal all by itself.  Really didn't need anything else.
 And, of course, pictured below is the Great Wall of China chocolate cake.  Yummm!!
After lunch we headed to JoAnn's and from there back to get my car and that is when Lila and Susan gave me my birthday presents.  Lila Mae gave me two movies and a 'this and that' box.  And Susan gave me two $50.00 gift cards to Talbots!!!  Oh my gosh am I ever going to have the time of my life shopping their end of the summer sale.  Mostly I loved just being with both of them.  I wished Annie could have been with us but she is desperately trying to get her basement all finished and ready for the carpet to be installed on the 17th of August so she didn't come.  We missed you Annie.
It was a wonderful day and a great way to begin celebrating my 71st birthday!


Thanks Lila Mae and Susan for a wonderful and perfect birthday celebration!  Love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment