Sunday, August 2, 2015

A birthday dinner at the Gertsons

Annie invited me out to her home for dinner, dessert and games.  It was a delightful evening with everything about as perfect as it could be.  Neal and I arrived their about 4:30 and had a tour of the basement.  They are so close to being done.  I'm so excited for them to finally have a family room to enjoy and each child having their own bedroom.  They just have a few finishing touches to do and Andrew's closet and then they will be ready for the carpet to be installed.

My choice of dinner was French Toast.  I can't remember the last time I had that and it was delicious. French toast, juices and fruit.  Perfect.

After dinner, we played Shanghi and then had delicious strawberry pies for dessert.  These pies are a recipe that I got from Leah Jones some 40 years ago.  I mentioned to Annie that I wondered if Leah is looking down on us and smiling that we are stilll using her recipe.

Candles were put in the pie and happy birthday was sung.  You will notice that the candles are showing 71!





After I blew out the candles we all enjoyed a piece of pie and then Neal, myself, Annie and Jeff played the four handed game.  I had to take a picture of the score - just for Tucker's sake!  I WON!!
Jeff Gertons always gives me the traditional movie for my birthday.  He always manages to find me a great movie that is action packed and good.  This year he gave me Catching Fire from the Hunger Games.  Can't wait to watch it again.  Thanks Jeff for always remembering and making me feel special.
Of course I had to take a picture with my Gertson grandchildren.  Andrew is still trying to be taller than me.  I suspect by my next birthday he will have well passed my height and then some.

I had a wonderful time and enjoyed every minute of the evening.  Thank you Annie for the delicious dinner, Jeff for the movie and to all the Gertsons for the hugs, wishes and love!



No comments:

Post a Comment