Thursday, August 21, 2014

The biggest surprise of my 70th birthday!

Lyndsy called and asked if she could come by and bring my birthday present.  She seemed incredibly excited which certainly peeked my curiosity.  She said she was sorry it was late but all good things are worth waiting for and this present was no exception.  She has been accumulating pictures from 1990 to 1999 and has put them in a book that I know will be looked at over and over and over again.  What a beautiful idea Lyndsy.  Thank you for taking the many hours of your time to put this together for me.  It will be something to pass on for generations.

I only captured the first few pages.  You will just have to come by the house to see the full volume.  Thank you to Maren and Greg, Tucker and Jamie and Derek who also went in on the expense of it and to all the children who contributed pictures and written memories. 

IMG_6314IMG_6315

And here is the beginning of the story!  It is hard to read so I will type what she had written between the pictures.

“Here’s a story…. of a Man Named Maxfield…who was bringing up five VERY bratty Kids….Only one had hair of gold, nothing like the others….the youngest one so cute.”

“Here’s a Story… Of a lovely Lady, who had already raised 2 kids of her own.  There was still two of them who lived together, yet they were all alone.”

IMG_6316IMG_6317

“Till the one day when this Lady met this Fellow and they knew it was much more than a hunch . . . that this group would somehow form a family…That’s the way we all became the Maxfield Bunch!

IMG_6318IMG_6319

And this is the back cover.  And truer words have never been spoken.  I love to laugh and my children have a knack of making me laugh until I can’t breathe.  I have to say, it is usually because of something I’ve said that wasn’t quite right or trying to name a movie and being a bit off.  I’m glad I can laugh at myself and my children can laugh with me and accept me and my ‘blondness’!

IMG_6320

Thank you Lyndsy!  What a treasured gift! 

No comments:

Post a Comment