Sunday, August 17, 2014

Off to St. George.

It seems like forever since Neal and I have been anywhere together.  Since he has been sick we have pretty much stayed right here so that he would have access to doctors and emergency rooms when and if necessary.  But things are getting better and we felt that he could be in St. George, handle his situation and if need be, have close access to an emergency room.  We were supposed to go to St. George and from there on down to Mexico but we opted out of Mexico because of Neal’s health issues. 

Neal and I left about 1:00 in our car and Ron and Judy left about the same time in their car.  We would stay in St. George from Wednesday to Sunday.  We would come back to Salt Lake and they would continue on to Mexico. 

We arrived at the condo within 30 minutes of each other.  Judy fixed us a light dinner and we headed off to Tuacon to see Joseph and His Technicolor Dream Coat.  Fabulous production. Judy and I had our picture taken with Pharaoh.  I send the picture to Lynda Ann and her comment came right back “Nice Abs!” 

IMG_1036

Thursday found us playing 18 holes of golf at Sun Brook.  We didn’t get a time until 10:30 and by the time we finished in the afternoon – it was hotter than Haddies!!! (I don’t know how to spell that word but you get the message.)  Judy and I played best ball on the back nine and challenged Neal and Ron.  They had to give us a stroke on each hole and I think we beat them!  Thursday night we were back at Tuacon (we bought season tickets) to see The Wizard Of Oz.  Incredible production.  We loved the view from 4th hole.  You can see a panoramic view of St. George. 

IMG_1039

Friday morning, Neal went golfing early by himself, Ron had a meeting he had to go to and Judy and I had some shopping that we needed to do.  Judy and I have such a fun time shopping together.  One funny thing that happened is that she came out of a dressing room and I happened to be close by.  She said, “Look how cute these pants are, I just love them.  What do you think?”  I laughed, held up my shopping bag and pulled out a pair (different color) exactly like the ones she had on.  I had just purchased them.  We had a good laugh.  And, yes, she bought them. 

We all got back to the condo about 1:30, fixed some sandwiches, showered and played some bridge until about 7:30 when we headed over to Tuacon to see The Little Mermaid.  Never in my life have I seen such an incredible and creative stage presentation.  It was amazing! 

I have no idea what this Hamstar guy was advertising but we thought he was cute so we took a picture!  Some of the pictures are a bit out of order, but you’ll have to forgive me for that and just enjoy looking at them!

IMG_6304IMG_6306IMG_6308IMG_6309IMG_6310IMG_6311

IMG_1049

Annie, this lady reminded me so much of Marie Bagley!  I wish you all could have seen her on stage in full costume!  It was incredible.

Saturday morning we got up early land headed out to South Gate.  We started at 8:00 a.m. and finished about 1:30.  Starting that early made all the difference in the world.  It was fun and the heat didn’t get so intense.  We headed back to the condo where we all did our own thing for a little while.  Ron went to the hot tub, Neal and I ran an errand and Judy showered and read.  That evening we fixed a light dinner and stayed in the condo and played bridge.

Sunday morning we attended Sacrament Meeting, cleaned the condo, had a prayer and then said our ‘goodbyes’.  Ron and Judy heading for Mexico for a week and Neal and I headed back to Salt Lake.  Arrived safe and sound about 5:30.  Everything is unpacked and that’s why I’m blogging!  .It was a wonderful get-a-way filled with fun and laughing until I couldn’t breathe!  It is always a fun time vacationing with the Stanfields.  Nice to be home safe and sound and ready to begin a new week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment