Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 31? Wow

Seriously, what happened to the summer?  I have a hard time believing that the end of the summer is here and all the grandchildren are back in school.  Even River is beginning his schooling at Twin Peaks Elementary.  Hard to believe that he is in Kindergarten.  Lyndsy says that he loves it and the first day came home and told his mom and dad everything the teacher had told them – that he could remember.  And from what Lyndsy said, it was quite a lengthy explanation of his first day. 

It is still plenty warm outside.  A few subtle hints that fall is coming but when I walk Bella at 4 in the afternoon and it is above 90, I am reminded that we still have the summer heat.  The nights are getting cooler.  They’ve left the 80’s and are moving down into the 70’s and I guess by the end of this week will be in the 60’s.  Those are the nights I love.  To open the windows and have that cool night air come through the house.

All the flowers in the gardens are at their full peek of blooming as you witnessed by the pictures I posted the other day.  The vibrant colors of nature that show themselves in the summer are an artist love.  Did I ever tell you that Grandma Ross (my mother) was quite an artist.  Mother had a lot of talents.  Had she been born later in life or in different circumstances, I think she could have been a writer or an artist.  But, when I look at her life and what she accomplished by raising six children entirely on her own – I would say that  her notoriety may not have been to the world but to the most important people in her life – her children and her posterity.  She was and is a great example to me.  I miss her greatly.

I just had to post this picture of Bella patiently waiting at the door for Neal to come in. She is determined to sit there until Neal comes through the door.

IMG_2353

No comments:

Post a Comment