Saturday, September 3, 2011

I love to read!

I think my love for reading began when I was in grade school.  Every summer and holiday I would go to Midway to stay with Lila Mae.  She, like my mother, always had a book that she had her nose in.  The first book that she introduced me to was, “Wagon to a Star” then “Polly What’s Her Name” and from there to " Anne of Green Gables” and the list goes on and on.  I can read and just let the world go by. 

When we went to Mexico, I wanted a couple of good books to read while traveling and while at the pool.  I had heard about the book “The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.  When I was getting the book the sale clerk said that if I were going to read The Glass Castle that I had to read Half Broke Horses by the same author.  Then she suggested another book called Unbroken.  So, on her word, I ended up buying all three books and what fabulous books they were.  I know that Jeff H. and Jeff G. will both love the book Unbroken.

Right now I’m knee deep in the book Shantaram, which I also think the both Jeff’s will enjoy.  Of course, I have to say that I’m working my way through the Bible.  I don’t think in all my life I have read the Bible from cover to cover.  That is my goal.  However, no time limit is placed on that particular goal!  Have you read the Old Testament?  My goodness, kind of naughty in places.  The tribes of Israel certainly struggled with following the commandments.  But then, I guess, they are much different than we are.   

IMG_2358IMG_2359IMG_2360IMG_2361

No comments:

Post a Comment