Tuesday, August 2, 2011

From birth to 67! What a ride!!

IMG_2274

I turn 67 tomorrow and found myself at the Driver’s License Division this morning at 7 a.m. to get my license renewed.  It was painless and quick.  Two nice things happened.  The lady said, “OK, we have everything.  That will be $25.00.”  She paused for a moment and looked at me and back at her computer and said, “Oh, it will only be $13.00. You sure don’t look that old.”  I just smiled, thanked her for the compliment, paid my $13.00 and walked out to my car, all the way reflecting on the comment "look that old”.  Just what is ‘that old’?  I suppose to anyone younger than 45 or 50, I would qualify for  ‘that old'.  That old or not, I am happy and healthy and loving my life at this stage. 

Just had my yearly check up and all is well.  I have one thing left to do and that is get my temple recommend renewed and then I will be all set for another few years. 

IMG_2273

No comments:

Post a Comment