Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hayley Anne

Lynda Ann just called me to tell me about the kids first days of school.  All seems well and everyone seems happy with where they are. 

She usually has a funny story about Hayley and this call was no exception.  Lynda Ann said that last year there was a boy named Gabriel in Hayley’s class that Hayley had talked quite a bit about.  When she and Hayley went to the school to check out the class list for this new school year, Hayley noticed that Gabriel was on the list.  Her comment, “Oh no, he is in my class again.”  Annie said that Gabriel’s farther is a doctor at the hospital where Annie works.  She saw Gabriel come in to visit his dad and Annie went up to him and asked him if he knew Hayley Gertson.  He told her he did.  Annie then asked him if he like her.  The little boy said, “Well, I wouldn’t say I liked her.”  Annie asked him why and he said, “Well, every time the teacher asks a question and I’m going to raise my hand, I look across the room and Hayley already has her hand up.”  These two kids may be in an intellectual challenging scenario.

Lynda said that Hayley noticed there were some twins in her class that she knew from last year and said that they didn’t look like twins because they didn’t look alike.  Annie told her that not all twins were identical.  Hayley said, “Oh I know that.  Twins that aren’t identical are called fraternal.  Where did an 8 year old come up with that word or even know what it meant.  Kids seem so much smarter at their young age than my generation at the same age.

No comments:

Post a Comment