Sunday, August 7, 2011

A beautiful Sunday

Today was one of those Sundays when I want to shout my happiness and feeling of love for my Savior and the gospel from the tops of the mountains.  I’m not sure just what chain of events brings about these extra ordinary days where one is filled with the love of the gospel, but I’m glad when it happens to me.

I attended two relief society meetings today and both lessons were entirely different but the spirit was so strong in both.  I had an opportunity to share my testimony in both wards and the love I felt was almost overwhelming.  As I drove home and looked up at beautiful and majestic Mt. Olympus the words of a primary song filled my being.  “Whenever I hear the song of a bird or look at the blue blue sky, whenever I feel the sun on my face or the wind as it rushes by.  Whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by a lilac tree, I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world, Heavenly Father created for me.” 

I just can’t let this day go by without expressing to my children and my grandchildren how much I love this gospel and our Savior, Jesus Christ.  To think about the atonement and what he did and scarified for each one of us is beyond expression.  I want you all to know that I know this gospel is true and that we are loved and blessed individually as well as a family.  The Lord cares about us and will bless us and take care of us if we but follow the guidelines in the gospel that He has so clearly laid out for us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment