Saturday, June 4, 2022

90 Years

 My sister, Lila Mae is in her 90th year.  She has been healthy and active up until about a week ago.  She is up every morning at 4:30 making bread for the Dairy Keen in Heber.  Goes to work and works for 4 hours and then home.  Thursday morning she went to work as usual but came home not feeling well.  Stayed home in bed on Friday.  Saturday morning she took a shower and fell and couldn't get up.  Susan found her about 10:00.  Lila had laid on the floor for nearly 2 hours.  Sunday Susan took her to the emergency room and she was admitted to the hospital in Heber and then transferred by ambulance to Utah Valley Hospital in Provo.  

Lynda Ann and I along with Hayley drove to Provo on Wednesday and spent the better part of the afternoon with her.  We did stop and have lunch with Mallory before going to the hospital.  

The prognosis isn't good.  She has been in the hospital for a week now and they say will probably get to go home either tomorrow, Sunday or Monday.  She will have to be on oxygen and hospice.  Neither are a good indication that she is getting better.  I'm afraid that I'm going to lose my last living sibling.  Lila Mae and I have been so close our whole lives.  This goodbye will be a very hard one for me to handle.  

I just talked to Susan and she said that Lila Mae's white blood cell count is really low which makes the doctor fear that she may have cancer.  Another bad news moment.




I called her mother a couple of times.  I guess because I remember doing this very thing with mother and because Lila Mae looks so much like mother.  Very sad times.

No comments:

Post a Comment