Friday, May 27, 2022

One more project completed.

 I've been trying to get the roll top desk out of my house for a few months.  I had posted it on our ward face book and told anyone who wanted it, to come get it.  I had one taker and then she told me that her husband said they just didn't have room for it.  I was done trying to give it away so I called on two great, younger than Neal and I by far and much stronger, men in our ward to come get it and haul it off to DI.  They came last Saturday around 3:30, brought a little truck and the two of them hauled it downstairs, out the front door and into the truck like it weighed nothing.  When I saw them drive out of the driveway it was a hand wave of relief and deep felt thanks.  Neal and I gave them a gift card to eat out with their families.  Both of them wanted to decline that gift because they said they wanted the blessings.  I told them they would get lots of blessings and the gift card was just a little bonus blessing.  So grateful for people who are willing to help.  Actually kind of weird to be on 'old age needing help' side of my life.  But, I am, and I shall gracefully accept the fact.

Joseph Hurst and Robert Curtis.  Love these two!

Neal supervising and Joseph and Robert doing their courteously best to ignore his suggestions.
It really was a very nice desk, with no scratches anywhere on it.  I hope it finds a nice home.

I bought a new smaller desk and just need to wait for Annie to come and put it together.  Then I can set up my office in the spare bedroom with a small desk and my lap top that doesn't take up the whole wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment