Saturday, June 4, 2022

Do You Remember?

 Since my retirement, I've been busy cleaning, going through files throwing 'stuff' away but finding treasures along the way.  I found these two emails written to me by Emmi.  I wish I had what my responses were but at least I saved these.  Emmi, do you remember?

"January 5, 2009

Good afternoon GAM!

I just got home from school about 5 minutes ago.  It had started to snow about 15 to 20 minutes ago.  I was walking from the bus stop to my house.  I was carrying my mom's late Christmas present, a green and yellow dirty spoon holder thing, like her Seattle one, and some snowflakes clearly landed on the green base and I could distinctively see the shape of the snowflakes.  Heavenly Father sure has one heck of an imagination!  That's amazing that every snowflake has a different design."

Then she goes on to say:  "That sounds like a fun tradition.  My mom or dad would probably have to come with us.  4 cute little blond girls in a public place with no parents or security.  Anyways, that does sound like a very fun tradition!

Your Emmigirl"

I have no idea what tradition she was talking about because I don't have my email to her.  But the thing I loved was her comment about Heavenly Father having an imagination.  I would bed she brought a smile to His face when she thought that.  

This email is dated January 5, 2009.  So I'm guess she wrote this late that evening.

"Hi GAM!!!  

I have some pretty big bruises in my knees from sledding.  It was totally worth it though.  The best hill is called SUICIDE.  It is the steepest and second largest hill there!  One kid he was probably 14 or 15, had the one board that was half skateboard and half snowboard.  SUICIDE also has a fair sized jump at the bottom if you can make it down without hitting the bushes.  Anyways, He was standing up on the strange board up on the entire thing, made the jump, and face-planted it in the snow every time!  It was quite funny, because he did it about 20 times before he finally landed it.  I LOVE SLEDDING!!!  So thankful for snow.

And I love you Emmi girl and I'm thankful for you!


Abby, do you remember this pin cushion that you made me?  Another treasure that I found today while going through stuff.  Some things grandmothers just never throw away!



The note inside the flower said, "Happy birthday Gam.  I love you so much.  Love Abby"

And I love my little missionary namesake.  Amazing that she only has 2 1/2 months left on her mission.

And while we are walking down memory lane, Annie sent me this picture.  Jeffrey and Lynda Ann with their grandmother, Grace Hintze.  Very cute picture of all of them.  I believe Grace genuinely loved all of her grandchildren.  Some may have been a little more spoiled than others but she loved them all.  As I do all of mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment