Sunday, June 12, 2022

Lila Mae's Health

Lila Mae has rebounded amazingly well considering what she has been through.   Pneumonia, fevers, blood draws, bone marrow tests,  fluid on one of her lungs that had to be drained along with physical therapy.  It has been a long two weeks in the hospital and her family is hoping that she will be coming home this week.  They have determined that she has Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) which I understand is leukemia.  Her chemocare is one shot once a week for three weeks and then off for a week and then the routine begins again.  After her first set of shots she was having a pretty rough time.  I was able to get a picture of her on one of her good days.  My sister, Annette, died at the age of 35 of cancer.  



We did have a little excitement while at the hospital.  Lila Mae's room looks out over the helipad and we were able to watch one of the helicopters coming in.  Very exciting.



We are all praying for Lila Mae's recovery.  We just aren't ready to let her go just yet.  I don't know if there really is a time that we are ever ready to say goodbye to a loved one.  I guess I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it.  For now I'll just enjoy what ever time we have with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment