Monday, June 20, 2022

Father's Day

 Neal and I had a nice quiet Father's Day.  I got a text from Maren telling me that they were on their way to St. George and she had just left a Father's Day present and a belated Mother's Day present on the front porch.  What a nice surprise.  I wished we could have thanked them in person but they had already gone by the time we got the text from them.  

Neal got a New York Yankees Shirt.  I'll post a picture when he is cleaned up and sporting his new shirt.  He loved it.  The Cutlers (I'm sure it was all Maren) left me a belated Mother's Day gift.  Two new kitchen towels, spatulas and a $30.00 gift card to Nordstroms.  I especially loved the Mother's Day Card that came with it.  

You can almost picture butterflies and the smell of fresh flowers coming from the card as you opened it.  So beautiful.

Thanks Cutlers for the nice gifts.  They will be treasured and well used.

Annie called and invited us out to their home for dinner.  We left about 4:00 and headed to Stansbury.  There have been some serious fires on both South and North sides of I-80.  We just missed an area of the road being closed down.  We thought that we might have to turn around and go home but we were lucky enough to be behind a trucker who knew just how to skirt the problem and we were off and back on the road in about 3 minutes and sailing on our way.  By the time we headed home it was about 7:30 and the roads East and West were clear with no fires or closures either way.  Thanks to the Gertsons for the invite, for a delicious steak dinner and for a nice Father's Day celebration for Neal.  Annie made the comment that "He isn't my father but he has always been a great step-dad to me."  


No comments:

Post a Comment