Monday, May 16, 2022

Retiring May 31, 2022

 Tuesday, May 31st will be my last day at work.  Excited?  Yes.  Mixed emotions?  Yes.  Am I going to miss many of my co-workers?  Absolutely.  But, I am so looking forward to jumping freely into a new way of life and a new adventure.  Neal is going to teach one more year and then he will retire.  It will certainly be different to have every day free to do whatever I want.  I plan on stitching a lot, walking a lot, doing needed house hold projects, reading good books, watching good movies, spending time with my sister, Lila Mae and being available to attend grandchildren events.  

This is the congratulation announcement that the county sent out.  I chuckled when I saw the picture.  Where they found it, I'll never know.  It is a much younger Jeannine and it is Jeff's shoulder that I'm leaning on.  Maybe that is Jeff's way of cheering me on.

I will have more pictures to post after Thursday.  That is my retirement party and it will be fun to take pictures to remember my party and my many friends in the county.  

Lynda Ann also made a special 'thank you' bag for me to hand out to all who come.  I'll show that after the party along with pictures of the party.


No comments:

Post a Comment