Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Mother's Day

 Saturday before Mother's Day, Lynda Ann, Mallory, Hayley and I met  Mary, Lila Mae and Susan at Joe Vera's for a delicious Mexican lunch.  It is one our favorite places to go.  We visited for a couple hours , exchanged presents and then headed back to Salt Lake.  Lynda Ann had worked all night and needed to get some sleep.  I meant to have the waiter take a picture but was so involved in all the conversations going on that I completely forgot.  Susan was happy because she hates to have her picture taken.  Susan gave me a gift card to my favorite hot chocolate stop on a cold morning before work and a gift card to my favorite clothing store along with some of my favorite lotion and body wash.


Lila Mae gave me some lotion and perfume.  
When I got home there was a package in the mail from Tucker.  He sent me this picture that he had taken at Mindy's wedding.  I love this picture.  It just has to make one smile when they look at it. Along with the picture was a card.  I was laughing so hard when this picture was taken.  Tucker was telling Neal to "quit peacocking!"  Funniest terminology I've heard in a long time.  If you don't know what peacocking is then ask Tucker.
This was the card he sent with the picture.

Maren text me in the evening to wish me a happy Mother's Day and I also heard from Derek wishing me a happy Mother's Day.  

Annie had me out to a delicious steak dinner and games on Mother's Day.  Neal didn't come along because he was preparing for a colonoscopy the next day and decided that he would rather be home close to the familiar things he needed!  And to add here that the procedure went well and everything was fine.  No cancer!  Always good news.  Neal also gave me a huge bouquet of yellow roses.  I forgot to take a picture of them.  But, they were beautiful!

Lynda Ann sent me this and I love it.  
Thanks to all my children for making me feel loved, appreciated and needed in their lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment