Sunday, March 14, 2021

Teaching Virtual

 I will just start off by saying that I don't like teaching virtual.  Zoom is an incredible program and for what has happened in the past year with the pandemic, it has become a life savor for people everywhere.  The ability to connect with family members, friends, church family and even neighbors is definitely a blessing for these latter days.  Now, here come the "but".  But, I don't like teaching on line.  It certainly a challenge and very different from being in front of a classroom of people and being able to read body language and feel the energy of the room as you teach.  I have given two lessons so far in gospel doctrine, hoping that soon we will be back in church with a 'live' audience.  One of my friends took a snap shot of the Zoom meeting.

You can see that lots of people just tune in but don't choose to show their faces, which makes it doubly hard to read reactions.  You will also notice that Sherol Elder (just below my picture) and I had just exchanged a funny thought.  Well, at least the two of us were having a good time!  Thanks to Mindy L. for taking this snap shot and sending it to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment