Sunday, March 14, 2021

Sunday Thought

 We never know what heart needs to be touched or who needs to be recognized or who just needs a smile or a nod of the head or even the wink of an eye.  After teaching my gospel doctrine lesson last Sunday, I felt a bit discouraged.  The thoughts of doubt running through my mind, "Did I give a good lesson?  Did anyone benefit from listening in?  Was anyone testimony strengthened?  Was my Father In Heaven pleased?  Could I have done better?"  etc. etc. 

I went to work Monday morning and there was an email from a sweet sister in our ward.  I hardly know her.  But her message came at the perfect time that I needed it.  I'm not sharing her message to make me look good but only to share that we never know what a kind note can do to buoy up a sagging and questioning spirit.  :-)

"Hi Sister Maxfield,

Thank you for teaching the Sunday school class today.  I always am amazed with your humility and the spirit that you carry when you speak.  I only know "Sister Maxfield" as a person who is most talented, having a strong testimony and is very knowledgeable.  Listening to your comments today, I was grateful that even Sister Maxfield feels the need for more patience, because I definitely struggle with patience and lack of so many other things.  So listening to your light humor made me smile and I felt that you are truly down to earth!  I thank you for being who you are and that you feel you need to strive to become better!  WOW!  That's what I respect about you!!  I don't comment or share my thoughts but I ALWAYS enjoy your lessons!

Have a wonderful day,

Emi Raymond"

I certainly need to follow Emi's example and, when moved by the spirit, share a kind note with someone that I have no idea may need that extra little boost in their day.  Never be afraid to do something kind for someone.


No comments:

Post a Comment