Sunday, March 21, 2021

A Surprise Thank You

 I went to work on Wednesday and one of my co-workers came into my office and gave me a home made quilt that she had made for me.  I remember her asking me what my favorite colors were.  I had told her pastels and especially blue and pink.  I had no idea what she had in mind or why she had wanted to know.  This quilt was the surprise of my life along with this very nice 'thank you' note.  The quilt took me back to my youth and sitting in the sewing room doorway on the floor and talking to mother while she did piece quilts.  This pattern was one of the patterns she put together often.  Oh how I loved those talks with her and how I miss them.  The quilt is a double bed size quilt.  She spent a lot of time and money putting this together.  I feel very unworthy.  And I say again, one never knows how we are affecting another person.  I had no idea.  what a surprise.






No comments:

Post a Comment