Sunday, March 21, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

 Crazy Utah weather.  We are supposed to be experiencing the first week of Spring this week and so are we have had wind, cold, sunshine, warm temperatures, freezing temperatures and this morning snow!  Goodness.

This picture was looking up at Mt. Olympus.  Completely covered by the clouds.

We need the moisture in our mountains and in the valley so there is no complaining coming from me.  However, I'm praying for good weather on Tuesday so that we can get to the Logan Temple for Abby's special day.  So happy and excited that she was able to invite her grandparents to go with her.  I love the temple and have so missed not being able to go.  Oh happy day for Abby and her family and her grandparents!!!

I remember my mother ironing her temple clothes every month in preparation for her excursion on the bus to the Salt Lake Temple.  That image has remained strongly in my mind.  I remembering sitting at the kitchen table and talking to her as she carefully ironed her clothing.  What an incredible example she was to me and continues to be from the other side of the veil.  Oh how I miss her.

One of my favorite primary songs:

I love to see the temple, I'm going there some day, to feel the holy spirit, to listen and to pray.

For the temple is the house of God, a place of love and beauty,

Can't wait for Tuesday to be there with my daughter and two granddaughters.  How blessed I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment