Saturday, March 6, 2021

Hospitals and Doctors

 Between Lynda Ann and her surgery, me and my eye surgery and finding out that Tucker's family is now dealing with COVID, it has been a crazy two months.  First of all Annie had her surgery on her spinal leak.  It was a 5 hour procedure for Annie and a long and slow recovery.  But, she is strong and is getting better and stronger every day.  Jeffrey spent the first day with her, Mallory spent the 2nd day and I went up the 3rd day.  The hospital would only let one person be with her and it had to be for the whole day.  You couldn't trade off during the day.  The day that I spent with her they had her get up after laying flat on her back for almost 3 full days.  It was painful and hard for her to just accomplish getting on her feet and standing upright.  It was so painful that she got really nauseated and just about passed out.  They quickly got her back down again.  But each time they came in they would work with her a little at a time until they had her up and taking a few steps each day.  The day that Mallory sat with Annie, Mallory was able to bring Brinkley with her.  Brinkley recognized it was Annie in bed and immediately nuzzled up to her.  It was very sweet.



This is a picture of Annie's incision down her back.  The doctor also took some tissue from her butt to help patch the hole in her spine.   
This is a picture of Annie sitting up for the very first time.  She was kind of okay at this point but it didn't last long.  He had her stand up right after this and that is when the pain became intense and she had to lay back down quickly.  
I can report that she is home now and moving very slowly and carefully and mostly staying down.  The doctor told her it would take about 4 weeks for her to heal completely.  She is doing amazing!  This is her incision after the stitches have been removed.  Amazingly, Annie is doing great!

The day after Annie had her surgery, I had my left eye cataract removed.  My surgery was nothing compared to Annie's and I was home the same day and able to sing the song, "I Can See Clearly Now".  Look it up, it really is a song.  
So thankful for doctors and advanced medical services for all of us.  I just hope that Lynda Ann continues to take it easy and heal.  I also worry about Tucker and his family going through the COVID issues and pray that they will not have lingering side affects from this awful pandemic.  Tucker also told me that he had strep along with the COVID issues.  Goodness!!



No comments:

Post a Comment