Sunday, April 22, 2018

Neal's award

Neal was told that he would be getting an award at the Athletic Awards Banquet.  Apparently the whole athletic department and athletes vote on the professor in the college that they felt was the most supportive and helped them the most through the school year.  I was proud of Neal and so pleased that he was being recognized.  He is a great professor and he does go the extra mile to help all of his students and those who have to be absent so much from classes because of sports.

I left work at about 2:00 and went to downtown Provo and did some shopping and then spent some time driving around my old neighborhood.  I could tell you who lived in almost every house in a four block radius.  I had a great childhood and driving around the area brought back so many, many happy memories of playing ball in the vacant lot in the middle of our block, playing kick the can after mutual every night during the summer months and hanging out on the corner after church just talking. I grew up in a wonderful neighborhood, full of good people.

From their I drove to the University Mall and as I was walking into Macey's, I got a text from Emmi asking me if I liked a shirt.  I told her I did and asked her where she was.  She told me she was at Eddie Bauers in the Univ. Mall.  I had to smile.  What were the chances that we would both be at the mall at the same time without planning it.  I walked down to Eddie Bauers and met Emmi.  We had a fun time shopping and enjoying each other's company.

I finally had to say goodbye and I headed to UVU for the award night for Neal.  We had a delicious dinner and Neal received his award.  He looked very handsome and certainly deserved this award.
I was very proud of him.


There were more pictures taken at the school by professional photographers.  As soon as we get those copies, I will post them.  So proud of you Neal.  You've deserved this for years!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment