Sunday, April 1, 2018

A trip to Wheeler Farm

Annie called me and said that she, along with Abby, Andrew and Hayley were in town to go to the Jordan River Open House and then they were headed to Wheeler Farm and wanted to know if I wanted to join them.  Didn't want to go to the open house but met them at 6:30 at Wheeler Farm.  Neal couldn't come because he was waiting to finalize his purchase of his new car.

After the farm we stopped at Woody's for a hamburger.  Neal joined us there.  Here are some fun pictures of Wheeler Farm.  There were people there with their guide dogs.  We got there a little late and they were just closing down their exhibits.  So Annie and the kids helped them carry stuff back to their cars.

 Abby thought this would be an excellent place to help teach Saint not to be distracted by other animals.  He actually did really good.  Abby has done an amazing job training Saint.
 I seriously couldn't get enough of this turkey strutting his stuff for a hen in the cage with him.  I don't think I've ever seen a turkey show off like this one did.  The funny thing was that the female acted like she could have cared less.
 You can see the female in the back ground was more interested in getting something to eat than what her companion was showing off.

 These next four pictures are old trees that Wheeler Farm needed to cut down.  They decided to let some local artist come and create carvings from trees.  That way preserving them.  They were amazing.
 The owl, the bench and the wishing well all from old trees that used to be standing there.

 I think this was my favorite.
It was a fun evening and I'm glad I was invited to tag along.  I have to take Neal over to see the carvings.  He will love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment