Sunday, April 22, 2018

Mallory gets her bike!

I was so excited to get this picture and a notice from Mallory telling me her bike finally arrived.  I told her when she left for her mission that when she had to purchase a bike to let me know and I would pay for it.  When she was transferred to her new area in Tennessee she was told she needed a bike.  Thus began the process.  Because she is so tall, she needed a specially made bike that would fit her tall frame.  The mission president knew who she should contact her in Salt Lake to have a bike built just for her.  She called me and I gave her the credit card and the bike was paid for and ordered.  Just for posterity reasons and knowing how prices of things change drastically over the years I'm going to post the price of the bike.  It ended up at $549.00.  I was happy when I found out that the bicycle shop people were LDS and they paid for the shipping.  The owner said that was his contribution to the missionary program.  So now, Mallory has a bike and is learning how to ride a bike modestly in a skirt or dress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment