Monday, May 13, 2013

Sunday–Mother’s Day

Neal gave me a beautiful Calla Lily for Mother’s Day.  He is so into plants these past few years.  And he likes the more exotic ones. 

IMG_4856

Lynda Ann and Jeff had invited us out to their home for dinner so after our meetings we headed out to Stansbury.  Lynda Ann had steaks, baked potatoes, Jell-O salad, corn, broccoli, and she made strawberry pies.  It was a delicious dinner with presents and games to follow.  Jeff always buys me a DVD (usually action because he knows that is what I love).  For mother’s day he gave me Jack Reacher.  He and I had read the book and then saw the movie at the theater when it came out and we both thought it was excellent.  I’m anxious to watch it again.  The Gertsons also gave me The Way We Were with Robert Redford and Barbra Streisand, Steel Magnolias and Princess Bride – which Lynda Ann says everyone should own!

IMG_4869IMG_4870IMG_4871

Thanks Gertson’s for a great dinner and a fun afternoon!

These two pictures are Emmi’s latest creations from her pottery class.  She entered pottery in the state exhibit and won more ribbons for her work.  She is quite the artist.  I love the moose tea pot.  Yes, it is a tea pot with the water coming out the nose! 

IMG_4865

The vase is something you have to see close up to appreciate the intricate design and the hours and hours it took for her to paint each tiny square.  I would love to have Jamie accent it with some dried flowers.  What do you think Jamie?  Another project when you are here?

IMG_4866

No comments:

Post a Comment