Thursday, May 23, 2013

KSL responds!

Last night as I sat thinking about the incident with Lilly and the generosity of the lady who was driving the car, I kept getting a nagging feeling that I should report this to KSL.  I dismissed the feeling a couple of times but my mind just wouldn’t let it go.  I finally came to my computer and proceeded to find KSL’s website and with some searching found a place where one could actually send a message to the station. 

The message board went like this:

This is a KSL Online Form Message from:  Jeannine Maxfield

Message category:  Radio News Tips

My message: “A family of 5 children had their little dog run over accidently this morning.  Lilly (the dog) had to be put to sleep.  The woman who hit the little dog was so distraught that she not only cried on the scene but later came back to the house with a big bouquet of flowers and a sympathy card with a check enclosed for $500.00 for this little family to buy another puppy when they were ready.  I think this is a wonderful story about someone going the extra mile.  It restores your faith in humanity that there are still good people out there who care deeply about others.  This family had no extra money to buy another pet.  Now, they will be able to when the time is right.  Nice to report ‘happy ending’ stories.”

This morning I got a response from KSL:

“Hi there Jeannine,

We got your tip and I wondered if you have any contact information for this family.  I would love to talk to them about it, if possible.

Thank you so much!

Celeste Tholen Rosenlof, Content Manager & Reporter”

I was totally taken by surprise when I got the above email from KSL.  I honestly didn’t think I would ever hear back from them.  I called Lynda Ann and told her what I had done and asked her if she would mind my giving this reporter her name and phone number.  She was hesitant but said it was OK.  So I responded back to Celeste with Annie’s information and thanked her for responding and taking an interest in a simple but very profound act of kindness by a total stranger. 

I don’t know where this will go from here or if anything comes of it, but it was fun to report such a good deed by this woman.  A good lesson for all of us to reach out to others and go the extra mile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment